Sunday, August 24, 2008

Makes It All Worth It!!!

The other night, Kailin asked if she could cuddle with me on my bed for a little bit before she went to get in her bed. We've been trying really hard to have her sleep in her bed, but I decided to give in this one time, telling her, only for a little bit, then on to her bed. Well, as we were laying there watching Noggin and cuddling, she turned to me and gave me a big hug and said, "You are the best mommy ever!" Wow! It brought tears to my eyes! Those little things just make it all worth it, don't they????
I was talking to my mom about how Karsyn was going to be my trial, and how Karsyn gets so mad when anything is taken away from her (which Kailin is a pro at), but then you see Kailin making Karsyn laugh like you wouldn't believe, and like mom said, it makes it all worth it!
Karsyn is the best at taking naps! You put her in bed with her bottle and she is out! (Even if she doesn't go to sleep immediately, she talks to herself until she falls asleep!) I can even lay her down in a dark room at mom's on the floor, and she will fall asleep. I love it! We are hoping this is a positive sign compared to Kailin's sleeping habits, and will make it all worth it!
I gave Kailin a few chocolate chip cookies the other day, then went into the other room for a bit. After a while, Kailin said, "Mommy, you need to come in here. Karsyn got something." So, I was thinking something terrible and rushed into the other room. This is what I found! Kailin had generously shared her cookie with Karsyn. I told Kailin that Karsyn couldn't have whole cookies, and tried to explain the process of giving her little bites. Her answer was, "But, mommy, she really wanted it!" And, oh, man, did she enjoy it! It makes it all worth it, doesn't it????
Karsyn has decided she would much rather be standing than just about anything else these days. At church, in Sunday School and Relief Society, we have those metal chairs that are upholstered. Well, Karsyn loves the metal part at the chair back and has to stand up, hanging onto the metal part. She loves to put her mouth on it..(kinda gross, I know, but it keeps her entertained, for a while, at least!) She will jerk back and forth, play peek-a-boo, and flirt with anyone that will give her the time of day! Only problem is that it kills my arm trying to hang on to her so that she doesn't go flying off! Today, at mom's, Karsyn was trying to get to the girls (Kailin and Anna) and Jakob and I playing a game, with mom as the go between gaurding her from getting either of us. She was between mom's legs, then proceeded to push up so her hands and feet were still on the ground with her legs straight. And then she just stood up! No help, center of the floor. You should have seen the look on her face! It was like, "Whoa, what's this? I don't know about this!" And then promptly sat back down. I am just waiting for her to do it again so I can get it on video! It makes it all worth it, huh!

2 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

cute stories, yup, it's ALL worth it! :)

Kim said...

I saw Karsyn's standing skills at pack meeting the other night. She is a cutie! I love how you did her hair. Lindsey had a ton of fun playing with her during pack mtg.

Our Family

Pics for July 17th Post!

The Girls!

Happy Halloween!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Contributors