Thursday, January 15, 2009

The most NOT fun morning ever!

Well, I had my next most terrible doctor's visit with Karsyn. (I think the first has to be the first time you take your first child to get shots when they look at you like, "why are you letting them do this to me????") Well, taking Karsyn to the doctor this morning was right up there with taking Kailin to the doctor. The second we walked in the door of the little room, Karsyn knew something was up. She did not like ANYTHING the nurse did to her. It was so sad for me. Then the doctor came and she was okay when he was just talking to her, but the second he touched her, she FLIPPED!!! I think Kailin is more like me....we take what we are given in silence, and don't make a fuss about it. Karsyn doesn't take anything!!!! She lets you know exactly how she was feeling. She kept telling Dr. Kipp, "NO!!!" He was surprised at this, and commented that that was DEFINITELY a two year old behavior. (He had commented earlier that many of the things she could do, and her size, were that of a 2-year old.) Well, then came the time for Karsyn's shots. Oh, man, if that bottom lip could stick out any further! She cried for about 5 minutes afterwards, I felt SOOOOO bad! But, then we left, and everything was alright in her world again!

Here are her stats compared to Kailin's:

Karsyn
27.3 lbs.
34 inches

Kailin
31.4 lbs.
36 inches

Her 18 month appointment will not have any shots, but I am definitely making sure Kelly takes her to the 2 year appointment, because I truly do not want to go through that again!

5 comments:

TheRogersInUtah said...

I hate seeing my babies hurt, so I am glad that Trav is the one to take them to the doctors appointments. On Monday Trav had to take Brie in and they put a catheter in her, he said she threw a fit! I don't think I could have handled that. I will be sure to post Brie's in a few weeks so we can compare :) I love how close they are!

The Stanford Bunch said...

awwww... poor little Karsyn!! She is a little runt compared to Kailin. :)

Miriam said...

Wow I just realized how small Connor and Keira are. Karsyn is the same weight as Connor and Keira has not even hit 20 lbs. Connor is not a very good eater though, we bribe him with candy so he will eat his meal. Your girls are so cute, I loved their christmas dresses. Your mom did a great job making them.

Anonymous said...

Taani I can't agree with you more there's nothing worse than holding your child down and them lookin at you like why would you do this to me. Even when they are older and have to have teeth pulled (Payton) I felt awful. But they are super cute girls and have a super mom!!

The Farnsworths said...

Wow, she decided to grow up fast! Well, hopefully an earlier start to the 2's might mean that she'll grow out of it sooner.:) I'm sorry it was such a hard time. I hate the doctor visits, especially when shots are involved. The nice thing when they are babies they can't protest until after it's been done. I feel for you! The worst for me was when I had to get Liz's booster shots before Kindergarten. Have fun!:)

Our Family

Pics for July 17th Post!

The Girls!

Happy Halloween!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Contributors