Well, I am now officially back to work! The 2 week break went way too quickly! But, it did feel good to be back tappin', and it was great to see my dancers again! It was a fairly uneventful week, as I think back....it was great fun to hang out with Mistie and Jaxon. Now Kailin is encouraging me to "save my Money" so we can fly on an airplane to visit Maelie, Kyla, Jaxon, Mistie, and Jonas. (You can't leave anyone out, or you get in trouble!) So, that is our plan!
We did have two rather scary things happen this week. On Tuesday I was getting my hair done when I got a call from Kelly. Apparently Kailin had climbed up on the piano bench to do who knows what. Kelly was in the other room and heard a crash and then a scream. Kailin had fallen off the bench and busted her lip open. He cleaned her up and got the bleeding stopped, but thought it still looked pretty bad and was unsure of how he should proceed. He called me to ask what to do. Because I was fairly far away, I told him to take her to my mom's to have her look at it. When he got there, my mom said she thought it'd be OK, but Mistie thought it should be looked at. My mom called a nurse in the ward, and when she saw it, she also thought it would require stitches. So, Kelly called me and said he was on the way to Urgent Care. My friend quickly rinsed my hair (uncut) and I quickly drove to meet them. I got there while the nurse was still asking questions. Kailin's lip was quite swollen, but didn't look too terribly bad. The doctor finally came in and looked at it, wiggled all of Kailin's teeth, and then told us that normally you don't stitch anything in the mouth, because the mouth heals super quick on it's own. We were so relieved that she didn't need stitches!! (Kailin doesn't even like to have her heart listened to....I was so worried how she would respond to STITCHES!! Good thing I don't have to find out!) She was a trooper through it all! When we left, her request was McDonald's...how could we refuse???
Our next big event came Saturday night. We had gone to Red Robin for dinner with Tiffany and Emily. I needed a few things from WalMart, so we all headed over after eating. Emily and I were in line paying, while Kelly, Kailin, Karsyn and Tiff were playing Tag, I suppose, in the produce section. Kailin was not paying attention to where she was running. She had looked over her shoulder to see where Tiff was, turned back and BAM!!! right into the corner of one of the produce tables. Kelly grabbed her and ran for the bathroom...right past Em and I. Major goose egg on her forehead with about a 1/2 inch cut in the center. He got her cleaned up in the bathroom (it harldly bled....considering the way head wounds usually bleed!) then took her over to McDonald's (in WalMart) to get a bag of ice to put on it. Em and I ran back to get bandaids, and had a heck of a time finding Butterfly bandaids. We finally found them, only to get in line behind a guy who refused to punch in the barcode on an item that wouldn't scan. (It seems I always manage to get behind the slow, stupid people who do not now how to use the self checkout lane...the ones that shouldn't be in that lane in the first place!) We finally got back to Kailin, got a bandaid on, and out of the store! It looks a little better today, but it scares me to think what her next escapade will be....knock on wood, quick!!!
We did get the moulding finished in our front room, thanks to my wonderful, awesome dad! So now the room is painted and moulding up....we still need to do the touch up paint. I am looking for my sheers to hang, and then I have to make my new valances for the up-high windows. Kelly is SOOOOOO excited to re-hang those! Then I have to paint all of my picture frames and I can get my pics hung back up. I can't wait to get it all done...pics coming....eventually, we will replace the sliding glass door with french doors, but that will take a while till we can afford it!
Kailin is now in Primary. She LOVES her class and her teachers. Her favorite, though, is Singing Time. She comes home singing everything she learned that day, usually all mixed together with her favorite songs. It is quite comical to hear a song about Jesus that runs right into her favorite Lazy Town or Hannah Montana song.
Karsyn is doing ok with the new church schedule. We now go at 12:30, which is NAP TIME!! Last week, she slept in till 10 a.m., then stayed awake for all of Church, going to Grandma's, etc, no problem. Today, she got up earlier, slept for and hour in my arms during Sunday School/Relief Society, and was cranky all evening. (I have to give her the benefit of the doubt...she was up all night....think she doesn't feel very good....has a runny nose, etc.) She really doesn't like daddy to sit on the stand. She walks into Church with an exuberant "Daddy!" and attempts to go up to him, which I quickly thwart. She is easily distracted. Today, though, right at the end of the Closing Song, she made it out to the aisle, waved hello, and shouted, "Daddy!" just as the song got over. I grabbed Karsyn, turned to take her to the back (the prayer was ready to begin) and she did not like that one bit! She screamed! Luckily, I was able to again distract her quickly! As soon as the prayer was over, though, she went straight for dad, followed closely by Kailin. You would think the girls like him or something!
Well, here's to another "uneventful" week!

















3 comments:
uneventful, HA!! Kailin seems to get hurt a lot!!! Poor little girl! Loved reading the post... do you guys like Red Robin or something??? :) It was fun seeing you this week, love you all!
oh, and save those pennies, we'd love to have you! :)
Katelyn has a scar on her forehead thanks to a piano. Out of all of my kids Katelyn has had the most injuries, stitches, broken bones etc.... What fun little girls are they keep us on our toes. Glad they are both doing well now.
Post a Comment